Monday, April 12, 2010

What You The Membership Have Taught Me

From the deepest sincerity of my heart, I want to thank all of you who let me into your homes. Who exchanged e-mails with me. Who talked to me on the phone. Who read what I had to say. I also want to respectfully bow my hand and say miigwech to those who have passed on since the election. Even thought I cannot run, I cannot let them and you down and not say anything. All of you made me a better person. I also want to thank all of my friends, former co workers at the Sault Tribe, members of the Bahweting drum, neighbors and family up in the Soo, I miss all of you. Through your words and knowledge, I see so much now than I ever seen before. I hope we have learned from each other!
During my previous campaigns for Sault Tribe board of Directors and after speaking to many of you, this is what I have learned from you:
  • We believe the Sault Tribe needs change for the good. A new constitution would resolve this.
  • We all believe in employee rights
  • We all believe the elder fund should not be used illegally
  • We believe all members should be treated equally regardless of where they live
  • We believe in education (both informal (culture) and formal (college)
  • We believe in economic development (real action not promises made during an election cycle)
Because you have told me this, I will only support those who support your above concerns (and more) in this 2010 Sault Tribe election.

No comments:

Post a Comment